Welcome to Tuk Tuk Operators Network. We are committed to protecting your privacy. The policy describes our privacy practices, the personal information we collect, how we use and share it, as well as your choices and rights regarding this information.
This policy applies to all Tuk Tuk Operators Network users, including users of our website, https://tuktuktransport.org/ (“Website”), any of the Tuk Tuk Operators Network mobile applications (“Apps”), and any services we provide through the Website or Apps, as well as when you contact us via telephone, email, written correspondence, social media, in-person, or any other means of contact (collectively, “Services”). This policy does not cover how we handle information that we collect about our employees or business associates, including our corporate partners, vendors, and subcontractors, but does apply to our Drivers.
The information we collect
We collect three categories of information about you: information you provide, information we collect automatically, and information we obtain from other sources. We do not collect or process information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership of any political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data, or data concerning a person’s sex life.
Information You Provide Directly to Us.
We collect Personal Information you provide directly to us, including Personal Information and transaction information when you use the Tuk Tuk Services, including your account information such as name, phone number, email address, and credit card number when you create an Account with us, your contact information when you communicate with us, and information you may provide to us in connection with surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. When you communicate with Tuk Tuk Operators Network, via email or telephone, we collect the contents of those communications, including recording the call time, call duration, and contents of telephone calls.
Information we collect automatically.
We may collect certain information automatically through your use of our Services (including our websites),such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, Technologies including cookie identifiers and mobile advertising identifiers, mobile carrier, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using Tuk Tuk Operators Network Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within our Services, and other information about actions taken through use of the this Services.
Information we obtain from other sources
Third-party services. We may receive the information about Users from our service providers, which include background check and identity verification providers, insurance partners, financial services vendors and marketing providers. If you choose to use a third-party communication application (such as WhatsApp) or, sign up using a third-party social network or login service (such as Facebook), where this functionality is available, we may collect information from these services.
State authorities. We may receive information about Users from law enforcement agencies and other government authorities as part of a law enforcement request, during legal proceedings, or as required or authorized by law.
Other Users or third parties. Sometimes Users or others may provide us with information about you, including through user support, or in connection with claims or disputes. We will only keep and use this information if we could have lawfully collected it from you. We will also take such steps (if any) as reasonable in the circumstances to let you know we have collected this information.
How we use your information
Tuk Tuk Operators Network uses personal data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use such data:
· For research and development
· For customer support
· To enhance the safety and security of our Tuk Tuk users and services
· To enable communications between users
· To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
· In connection with legal proceedings
We do not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with our users’ consent.
How we share your information
We know how important it is to keep your personal information confidential.
In this section we describe when and with whom we may share your information
that we collect.
With other Users
We share certain information about Users to enable the scheduling and provision of rides. This includes sharing:
– Rider information shared with Driver includes name and photo, rating, pickup and drop-off locations, number of trips, offered fare, comments and contact information.
– Driver information shared with Rider includes name and photo, information about the vehicle and its photo, location before and during the trip, ratings and reviews, number of trips, contact information.
We may also be required to provide Riders with receipts and invoices containing information such as the origin and destination of the trip, the total duration and distance of the trip, itemization of the total fare, driver’s name and taxation identifier number. We also include other information on those receipts if required by law.
For the purposes of other services, we will share the information with other
Users that is necessary for scheduling and provision of such services.
With service providers
We may share your personal information with our service providers for business purposes, including:
· payment processing and transaction fulfillment;
· user and technical support;
· background checks and identity verification;
· cloud storage;
· content delivery, in-app messaging, in-app calling, push notifications;
· Advertising, marketing, and analytics;
· Consultants, lawyers, accountants, auditors, and other professional services;
· social media companies, including Facebook, in connection with our use of their tools in the App and websites, if you opt to use these services (see Facebook’s privacy policies for information on their collection and use of data);
Within corporate group
We may share all of the information we collect with a parent, subsidiary, or
other affiliate of our corporate group to help us provide the Services or
conduct data processing in relation to the Services.
In connection with a business transfer
We may transfer personal information we collect in connection with a
substantial corporate transaction, such as a restructuring, merger,
consolidation or asset sales, in which personal information is among the assets
to be transferred. We will use our best endeavors to ensure that any
recipient to whom we transfer your information will hold and use that
information in accordance with this policy.
For legal reasons
Tuk Tuk Operators Network may disclose your personal information when it is necessary:
· To comply with legal requirements, such as to respond to subpoenas, court orders, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries;
· To protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Tuk Tuk Operators Network , our Users, or the public;
To comply with license or permit requirements and
any applicable laws and regulations.
With your consent
We may share your personal information for other purposes pursuant to your
consent or at your direction.
When it is depersonalized
We may share your personal information after it is aggregated or otherwise anonymized so that it is no longer personally identifying information.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You may have choices about our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- Direct Marketing: Email. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We may also send you certain non-promotional communications regarding Tuk Tuk Operators Network and our services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) object to or restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Information; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Security of Your Information
Our services are not directed to children. If you are under the age of 18 you are not permitted to use the Tuk Tuk Operators Network Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.